Thursday, October 22, 2009

Writes in his Popular Mechanics article "and then I looked at the pads of my fingers. And sure enough the proof was there. It would not I thought then convince anyone but myself; but in the.

Black according to the usual Bermudian proportions; and all well dressed--a thing which is also usual in Bermuda and to be confidently expected. There was good music which we heard and doubtless--a good sermon but there was a wonderful deal of. generic zyban Shifted. The army's doing what it can but the troops are no more immune to the infection than anyone else. " "The army! You mean Croucher's men!" "You could have worse men ruling the Midlands than Croucher. He's keeping order. He understands the necessity for running some sort of public service he's got hygiene men out. Nobody could do more. " "You know he's a murderer. Algy how can you speak well of him?" They went upstairs. Timberlane flung his jacket into a corner. He sat down with a glass and a bottle of gin. He added a little water and began to sip at it steadily. His face was heavy the set of his mouth and eyes gave him a brooding look. Beads of sweat sto! od on his bald head. "I don't want to talk about it " he said. His voice was tired and stony: Martha felt her own slip into the same cast. The shabby room was set solid with their discomfort. A fly buzzed fitfully against the window pane. "What do you want to talk about?" "For God's sake Martha I don't want to talk about anything. I'm sick of the stink of death and fear I've been going round with my recorder all day doing my bloody stuff for DOUCH(E). I just want to drink myself into a stupor. " Although she had compassion for him she would not let him see it. "Algy - your day has been no worse than mine. I've spent all day sitting here doing these jigsaw puzzles till I could scream. I've spoken to no one but a woman at the fish shop. For the rest of the time the door has been locked and bolted as you instructed. Am I just expected to sit here in silence while you get drunk?" "Not by me you're not. You haven't got that amount of control over your tongue. " She went over to ! the window her back to him. She thought: I am not sick; I am vital in my senses; I can still give a man all he wants; I am Martha Timberlane born Martha Broughton forty-three years of age. She heard his glass shatter in a far comer. "Martha I'm sorry. Murdering getting drunk dying living they're all reduced to the same dead level. . . " Martha made no answer. With an old magazine she crushed the fly buzzing against the window. She closed her eyes to feel how hot her eyelids were. At the table Timberlane went on talking. "I'll get over it but to see my poor dear silly mother panting for years recalling how I loved her as a kid. . . Ah. . . Get me. dawdaw65658567e45ahhwe44885

No comments:

Post a Comment